Cameron Michael Parkes (born May 19, 1958) is an American composer known primarily for his work in Film and Television. He is a graduate of the film scoring program at UCLA and a member of ASCAP.
Parkes' concert works, "Gettysburg Address", "Mississippi River Reflections" and "Gershwinesque" (as well as two vocal selections from his score to the musical, Happy Birthday, Mr. President), received their national premieres in concerts broadcast as part of the "Sundays At Four" radio series. Parkes contributed both music and lyrics to the musicals Happy Birthday, Mr. President (about Marilyn Monroe) and Tanzi. The latter received the Drama-Logue Award for best musical of the 1984 Season. As a record producer, Parkes is best known for the 2004 release of the critically acclaimed "A Tribute To Brian Wilson" (Varese Sarabande / Universal Music). In addition, Parkes is the founder of Cinecam Music Productions.
Parkes also collaborated with the late Jan Berry, as a vocal arranger and singer, on the Jan & Dean album Port to Paradise, released in 1986.
- ASCAP / Fred Karlin
- Telly Award (2004) - Best Use Of Music In A Documentary
- The Videography Awards (2004) - Best Use Of Music
Albums & Singles (partial list)
- A Tribute to Brian Wilson - (Solo Album) Varèse Sarabande/Universal Music Group (arranger, producer, and performer, 2004)
- Encomium In Memoriam Vol. 1 Jan Berry Of Jan & Dean (arranger, producer, performer) 2008
- Maelstrom Beach with Box O' Clox - Cinecam (arranger, producer, performer) 2008
- Stand Around with Box O' Clox- Cinecam (arranger, producer, performer) 2008
- The Quickening with Box o' Clox - Cinecam (arranger, producer, and performer, 2004)
- The Road To Ruin (Single) with Box O' Clox - (Producer and performer, 2013)
- Where Is Utopia? (Single) with Box O' Clox - (Producer and performer, 2010)
- Everything's BIG In Texas (Single) with Box O' Clox - (Producer, arranger and performer, 2018)
- Pray Attention (Single) - with Box O' Clox - (Producer, arranger and performer, 2018)
- The String Quartet Tribute to Shania Twain - Vitamin Records (arranger & producer, 2004) Apologies to Shania...
- The Little Witch of Wichita - (cast album, producer, 2002)
FILM (partial list)
- Village Voices (2013)
- Ivy Roots (Short, 2008)
- Midnite Matinee (2007)
- Japanese Soup Torture (2007)
- Soiled Love (2007)
- Nerve Endings (Short, 2006)
- The Tulpa (Short, 2005)
- My Bad Dad (2004)- (co-contributor)
- Blind Sight (Feature, 2001)
- Hijinx (Feature, 2001)
- The Far Corner (Feature)
Television (partial list)
Composer for SCORE KEEPERS & PRIMETIME MUSIC LIBRARIES
Discovery Channel, A&E, History Channel Etc...
- "Famous" Various Cues (Biography Channel)
- "Jan & Dean: The Other Beach Boys" (A&E Television Networks, Biography, 2002)
- The Killer Within (PBS)
- Teachers Only (ABC pilot, American Broadcasting Company)
- The Global Challenge (cable)
- Diseases in Children (CNBC)
- Barbara's POV (cable)
- The Accidental Host (2021)
- "HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MR. PRESIDENT" (music, lyrics, and book / additional lyrics and book by Paul Levine) Leo S. Bing Theater (1997), Barnsdall Theater (1998),
- New American Renegade Theater (1999) Workshops / The Black Box Theater
- "TANZI" (contributed music) - Drama-Logue's Best Musical Award - 1984 Season -- Cast Theater (1983), Roxy Theater (1984)
- "A FAR BETTER PLACE" (Music, Lyrics & Book)
- Bah! Humbug! (music, lyrics, and book)
- "Mississippi River Reflections" for Orchestra, Premiere: November 27, 1992, SUNDAYS AT FOUR broadcast.
- "Gettysburg Address" for Speaker & Orchestra, Premiere: November 27, 1992, SUNDAYS AT FOUR
- "Gershwinesque" Premiere: June 23, 1991, SUNDAYS AT FOUR broadcast.
- Happy Birthday, Mr. President (Two Vocal Selections from The Musical) Premiere: December 12, 1996, SUNDAYS AT FOUR broadcast.
- "A HERO'S WELCOME" for orchestra (2018)